Precision Planting 20/20 SeedSense™
Quit planting with a blindfold on.
The 20/20 SeedSense™ Monitor System gives you better information AND more information. Information that lets you actively manage your planter – and make changes that make you money.
Four reasons why you need this monitor:
- Find hidden mechanical problems and correct them at planting
- Measure and adjust down force to eliminate costly root compaction and slotting
- Perfect planter performance by adjusting meters, vacuum pressure, transmissions and speed
- Improve productivity by maximizing planter speed without compromising performance
Five things your current monitor can’t tell you:
- Is your down force set correctly?
- Are your meters running at peak accuracy?
- Can you go faster and not hurt planting accuracy?
- Is there a seed tape or debris in your meter that is causing one row to skip?
- Do you have enough row unit weight to achieve your desired depth?
In this side-by-side demonstration, we sent each monitor the exact same seed data — the same population and the same number of skips and doubles. But look at the different results. Actual population was 32,200 seeds per acre. But row 5 had an equal number of skips and doubles. Watch how most monitors ignore these errors and give you a false sense of security. Then see all of the management information you get with 20/20:
- KPM II: While the KPM II under-reported population, the bar chart for Row % shows 100% population
- ComputerTrak: Population for Row 5 is in good shape: the monitor says NO PROBLEMS, KEEP PLANTING.
- SeedStar: Population for Row 5 is in good shape: the monitor says NO PROBLEMS, KEEP PLANTING.
- 20/20 SeedSense: 20/20 shows the correct population, but it also looks deeper: Singulation is just 92%. There are 4.2% skips and 3.8% doubles. Seed placement is just 95.1% and, on this row, we are losing a whopping $57.56 per acre. You can even see the errors as they happen on the row display at the bottom of the window.